What Is Telemedicine Wellness Technology
Hello telemedicine, wellness technology. The days of “take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning” are changing big time.
Proactive tools for patients are on the way with cell phones, electronic bandages and innovative medical technology.
The future of healthcare will depend on the effective incorporation of digital wellness technology will streamline the practice for medicine, wellness and will decrease costs.
Wellness Technology Core Elements and Strategy
- Real time remote patient consultations
- Remote monitoring for patients’ vital signs and conditions
- Storing and forwarding critical health information for analysis and diagnosis
- The wide availability for health information to patients and caregivers
Wellness Technology Saves Billions
A recent projected study, covering a timeline over a 25-year period, between 2005 and 2030 by the Advanced Communications Law & Policy Institute (ALCP), found that remote health monitoring resources could help save $927 billion in wellness and healthcare cost for seniors and people with disabilities.
The study also cited telemedicine “could save the U.S. healthcare system $4.8 billion (annually) just from reducing transfers of patients from one location, such as a nursing home for medical exams at hospitals, physicians’ offices, or other care giving locations.”
Wellness Telemedicine Technology Creates Jobs
Remote on going wellness, tele-medicine health monitoring also enables early disease prevention, which can lead to enormous cost-savings. It reduces the need for costly physician involvement that can be adequately replaced, in many cases, by nurse practitioners and physician assistants. The transition toward an electronic health infrastructure will also create new job opportunities. A recent study estimates an investment for $10 billion in health IT in one year would create or retain 212,00 U.S. jobs for a year.
These health and wellness technologies enable the in-home remote monitoring for a variety of vital signs and other health metrics. Such remote monitoring services enhances patient comfort, provides real time data, can assist in timely diagnoses, facilitate efficiencies and provide cost-savings.
A study showed the U.S. Veterans Association, a leader in the use of remote monitoring, found that in-home chronic disease management tools (e.g. tele-consultations, diabetes monitoring) resulted in 40 percent fewer emergency room visits and 63 percent reduction in hospital admissions.
Wellness Telemedicine Innovative Home Care
Remote Health Monitoring, Delivers, Facilitates Shifting The Home Care Paradigm And Wellness For Patients
- Enables delivery of critical healthcare services to remote and home-bound patients, facilitates enormous costs savings and empowers individuals by providing them with access to critical medical information.
- Facilitates the development for a new generations of telemedicine tools, services, and devices which have bolstered healthcare in this country and resulted in measurable and significant cost savings to providers and patients.
- Shifts the healthcare paradigm towards more individualized and convenient care by, among other things, allowing a more robust in-home health monitoring and treatment.
- Creates impetus within the public and private sectors for more innovation deployment and use of tele-medicine services across the healthcare industry.
The evolution of telemedicine and remote care is the new future for Wellness and Health Care. As we age its nice to know that technology is looking out for our well being.