Turmeric Eczema Treatments
One of the best natural remedies for eczema is turmeric, eczema treatments. These treatments can be used internally or externally to treat the itching symptoms and skin rashes.
It is often found in people who have tendency to develop allergic reactions to certain compounds. The condition generally improves in children as they age but in few it continues for the rest of their life. The good news is that it can be controlled and there are natural remedies that actually work.
Why Turmeric Eczema Treatments Are Effective
Turmeric is a root of the plant Curcuma Longa, a perennial plant that grows extensively in tropical regions of South Asia. The active ingredient curcumin present in turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory and bactericidal property. It lowers the inflammation in the body and the skin associated with eczema.
Use of Turmeric Eczema Treatments
Turmeric is one of the safest herbal remedies used extensively for the treatment of skin disorders, relief of itching and rashes. Here are the different ways to prepare and apply turmeric eczema treatments.
- Mix ½ tsp of turmeric in milk and have it to treat bacterial infections responsible for redness and itching.
- Add ½ tsp of turmeric to boiling water and let it simmer for about ten minutes. This solution can be taken directly or can be used to wash the affected area. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory action of curcumin helps in relieving the itching and the rashes.
- Make a paste using 1 Tbs of grounded neem leaves paste and 1Tbs of turmeric powder. Apply this paste at the affected area. The antibacterial action of both turmeric and neem leaves relieves rashes.
- Preparing and applying oil of turmeric: Take 250 gms of any bitter oil, ~300 gms juice of durva grass (also known as Cynodon dactylon, Bermuda grass, bermudagrass, dubo, dog’s tooth grass, Bahama grass, devil’s grass, couch grass, etc.), 125 gms of turmeric ground down with water. Cook in iron vessel and then cool. Strain the oil using piece of cloth. This oil should be applied on both wet and dry affections. The oil treatment is to be applied for at least 5 days.
- Turmeric face mask made of ½ cup chickpea flour, I tsp of turmeric powder, 1tsp of sandalwood
powder and almond oil gives blemish free beautiful skin. Apply the paste on the face and do gentle massage. Rinse off with water after five to ten minutes to enjoy scar free glowing skin.
Forms of turmeric available in the market;
Powder, Tincture, Fluid extract
Turmeric root can be ground into powder or a fluid extract can be made. Most of the turmeric products available in the stores contain bromelain that promotes absorption of curcumin.
Turmeric Eczema Precautions
- When applying turmeric oil on wet affections, it is important to clean area of the skin and pus using neem water (it is basically an anti-septic). Dry the surface with clean cotton cloth then apply the oil by using clean cotton cloth.
- Taking high dosage of turmeric is harmful and can lead to side effects such as diarrhea, contraction of gall bladder and bleeding. Take only required dosage of turmeric under the guidance of a physician if you are suffering with gallstones be sure to consult with you doctor.
- If you are using medications to lower the blood sugar levels then be careful about turmeric dosage as turmeric boosts the effect of diabetic medications and reduces blood sugar levels drastically.
- Stop taking turmeric two weeks before surgery as its blood thinning effect interferes with blood clotting process during and after surgery.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take turmeric supplements.
Eczema, although uncomfortable is treatable. Using turmeric for treating itching and other skin disorders is a natural option for replacing nasty medical ointments of creams. if you have experienced success we would love to have you share your natural remedy.