Cancer Coping Strategies For Wellness
Cancer and dealing with cancer coping wellness tools is a difficult learning experience. It will be important to learn about the tools you can use to feel less anxious, less afraid or less overwhelmed?!?
How to cope during the first days and days ahead and what wellness tips you adopt will be a journey. The first tip is don’t shut down.
Cancer Coping Communication Helps
Try honest communication with your loved ones, doctors and friends. Avoid protecting yourself and loved ones. As best as you can express your emotions honestly this helps to gain strength from each other. Hiding or denial has proven to be a poor result for cancer coping.
Cancer Coping With Physical Changes
Every person’s cancer treatment and coping strategy is individualized. Cancer coping strategies, tools and the wellness journey starts after the cancer diagnosis. Preparing for the multiple changes you will experience during treatment eases the anticipation and reduces fear about the changes coming up later.
- Ask your doctor what changes you should anticipate.
- Drugs often cause physical changes. It is a good idea to seek advice from a cancer image expert about clothing, makeup, wigs and hairpieces.
- Insurance often helps pay for wigs, prostheses and other adaptive devices.
- Members of cancer support groups can be helpful and can provide coping tips.
Cancer Coping Nutrition And Lifestyle Tips
Recent expert information suggests people who maintain good food intake and some physical exercise during treatment cope better, and can live longer.
- Time to change your eating habits.
- Research or work with a cancer nutritionist.
- Healthy food intake is an important for recovery.
- Adequate rest will help manage cancer treatments, stress and fatigue.
- Light exercise improves energy.
- Enjoyable activity improves attitude.
Cancer Coping Wellness More Strategies
Choosing a cancer coping and wellness strategy includes accepting help. Friends and family can run errands, provide transportation, prepare meals and help you. Cancer diagnosis affects the entire family and adds stress to caregivers. It’s okay to accept and allow those who care for you and love to make their contributions.
Cancer Coping Wellness Support Groups
People who haven’t experienced a cancer diagnosis may not fully understand how you’re feeling. It can help to talk to people who have been in your situation. Other cancer survivors can share their wellness and cancer coping experiences. This is a supportive learning tool for what you can expect during treatment.
- Connect with other cancer survivors through support groups.
- Ask your doctor about cancer coping support groups in your area.
- Contact your local chapter of the American Cancer Society.
- Online message boards also bring cancer survivors together. Start your cancer coping network.
Cancer Coping Wellness Thoughts
- Practice relaxation techniques.
- Share your feelings honestly.
- Keep a journal to help organize your thoughts.
- When faced with a difficult decision, list the pros and cons.
- Find a source of spiritual support.
- Set aside time to be alone.
- Remain involved with work and leisure activities as you can.
Often what comforted you through past rough times can be a resource to ease your worries. Reach out and keep reaching out to a close friend or religious leader. Be as open as possible, try new cancer coping ideas and wellness strategies. Be vigil and use your cancer coping tools and wellness tips.