Alternative Healing Working With Modern Medicine
With the current interest surrounding the growth of integrative medicine and healthcare modern medicine is expanding to work in conjunction with alternative healing modalities. Physicians are seeking a more personal touch by focusing on the whole person, mind, body, and spirit.
Integrative medicine opens up a new approach to alternative healing and medical systems. The variety of treatments now available can be personalized to treat the entire patient not just the disease. Through alternative healing doctors and patients can now achieve optimal health care with the inclusion of alternative healing therapies.
Alternative Healing Choices:
With the evolution of alternative healing the following modalities have emerged. Each one is recognized by traditional modern day medicine and available to explore with your physician.
Alternative Healing Medical Practices and Principles:
Today’s modern medicine and high tech treatments can be overwhelming and often scary. The new integrated approach blends high tech medicine with alternative practices. Working together personalizes the treatment and focuses on the whole patient.
- Homeopathy works on the concept that the body can heal it self. Practice: diseases and illness can be healed with a substance that produces similar symptoms in healthy people.
- Naturopathy focuses on natural remedies and treatments to support wellness. Practice: natural supplements, small doses of highly diluted substances.
- Chinese Medicine is the study of harmonious balance of wellness (Qi). Practice: Chinese herbs and acupuncture is practiced to release meridians in the body.
Alternative Healing for Mind and Body
Stress is a killer that affects the whole mind and body. When taxed or stressed hormones are either released or blocked which can then lead to a variety of symptoms. Mind and body alternative healing therapies work in tandem reconnecting the relationship between the mind and body. These alternative-healing therapies teach the use of brainpower to generate positive physical change.
- Mindful Meditation focusing on being rather than the doing.
- Practice: the focus is to allow the mind to be aware of all thoughts, breathing, emotions, and acceptance of life. Often used for stress reduction, pain management and depression.
- Biofeedback teaches conscious body control and awareness of the body that may otherwise be unknown or involuntary.
- Practice: A biofeedback measurement is used for heart rate, breathing, blood pressure and brain activity. Often used for headaches, internal digestion issues, insomnia, muscle tension and more symptoms that are related to stress or nerve damage.
- Hypnosis a deep state of transformational sleep, while being in a profound sate of mental awareness. Past regression hypnosis a deeper form of hypnosis used to understand the past relating to the future.
- Practice: often used to help remove personal issues and unwanted behaviors.
- Music Therapy is one of the oldest therapies known to alternative healing evoking properties of inspiration and motivation.
- Practice: often used for relaxation, stress release and rehabilitation.
Break Through Alternative Healing Practices
Acupuncture and Chiropractic practices have come a long way. Commonly used for post surgical pain management, stroke rehabilitation, sports injuries, mood disorders, chronic fatigue, insomnia, stress management, migraines, tension headaches and much more.
Applied Kinesiology or Muscle Response Testing (MRT) with Dr. Echols is a Chiropractor in Austin, Texas. In this video he discusses how to use muscle testing to diagnose or identify wellness problems in the body. MRT is alternative healing method for treating allergies without drugs. This technique stems form the Chinese medical theory that when energy flow is blocked (acupuncture meridians) the muscles in the body will get weak in the presence of noxious stimuli. This is a fancy way of saying the body has physical or emotional reaction to foreign antigens.
MTR puts the patient directly in contact with the very thing that causes an allergic reaction. This can be a variety of items we eat, touch, smell, or even thought. This alternative healing treatment provides a patient who is suffering from allergies a new approach.
Dr. Elizabeth Christenson in her 15 years of CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) practice she indicates the effectiveness that MRT has on patients in reducing the need for traditional medication in the treatment of allergies and other chronic symptoms such as eczema, asthma, pain problems, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, GI distress, PMS, menstrual abnormalities, infertility, chronic fatigue, insomnia, relationship issues, etc.
For those who cannot tolerate the long term use of medication, it would be worth a try. To learn more about MRT visit www.chimedicalcenter.com